Learn how you can follow us on social media and enhance your fixed income experience. FIIG has stepped up its participation in the broader fixed income conversation through the social media channels; Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Last week, we looked at how you can sign up to Twitter, the key benefits of doing so, and some of the basic Twitter functions. Now let’s look at another social media platform - LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is the largest network for professionals with approximately 300 million users or organisations signed up.
It is a platform that can be used to connect you, as a professional, to your work associates including: colleagues, employer/s, employees and organisations. LinkedIn calls individuals and organisations that you choose to connect with or follow ‘Connections.’
From your LinkedIn feed you can access news, company updates and insights, even job opportunities that are posted by your connections.
FIIG’s LinkedIn profile is used to communicate company updates and recent news to our connections. If you have a LinkedIn account and are not yet following our page you can find us here or by typing FIIG Securities into your search bar.
Are you new to LinkedIn?
It is quick and easy to create an account; here are the main steps for setting up a LinkedIn account:
- Open the LinkedIn homepage https://www.linkedin.com/nhome/.
- Fill out your details in the ‘Get started – it’s free section’. Registration should takes less than 2 minutes. Once you have entered in your first name, last name, email address and created a password click ‘Join now’.
- You will then be directed to a number of options in order to connect with existing contacts via your email address, if you desire to do so. You also have the option to ‘Skip this step’, next to the ‘Continue’ button.
- Follow the prompts to continue creating your professional profile by entering your country, postal code and current employment status. Then click, ‘Create my profile’.
- Next, LinkedIn may offer you the option to choose from a list of people you may know and add them as connections; this means you will see what they post in your feed.
- From here you will be given the option to add a profile photo and customise your profile by providing further details about your current and previous work experience. Complete these details at your own discretion – if you don’t have time to do so at the time you can always come back later. The more detail you enter the ‘stronger’ your profile will become.*
*Consult the ‘Profile Strength’ tool on the right hand side of your profile. This will show you where your profile ranks. Beginner and expert levels pictured below.
Source: LinkedIn, FIIG Securities
There are five rankings of profile strength in total; beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert, and all-star. It is achievable to get to expert if you complete all of your details and add a substantial amount of connections. However, all-star is not included in the diagram as it is the most advanced level and is difficult to achieve. All-star LinkedIn users are likely to be those who work within LinkedIn regularly for example, social media professional.
Once your profile has been created use the search bar to find us, FIIG Securities, click on our profile page and follow us to see the content we post.
Via LinkedIn FIIG will post content from our news site The WIRE and also from other sources where the articles are market-specific and interesting. For example, when a new FIIG-originated bond is launched we will post this update on LinkedIn for our followers to see.
How can you get involved?
If you are following FIIG’s LinkedIn page you can share our posts to your connections using the options: ‘Like’, ‘Comment’ and of course, ‘Share’. The diagram below illustrates these options.
Source: LinkedIn, FIIG Securities
The third and final article in our social series will cover Facebook and last week we published a note on Twitter that you can also read. In the meantime follow us and join in the conversation!